Let's face it. All dieting regimes take discipline. If you are at a point in your life where you need to take control of your sugar cravings then it is going to take a lot more than just willpower. The signals that go to your brain that make you want to swim in a pool of icing sugar are so powerful that you will not be able to resist. Stop feeding the sugar demon and you shall prevail.
Now, before you get to that point, you are going to cheat. It is said that the first three days are the hardest. It is also said that getting over that weekend hump is even more difficult. Alcohol is considered cheating so you can't do that either. Alcohol converts to sugar so you'll have to take alcohol off the list too if you want to see any results.
So let's just assume that you cheated. What do you do? Like Aliyah once said in one of her famous tracks "Just dust yourself off and try again".
There are certain things that you will need to do in order to survive your first week.
- Any processed foods that will trigger a binge should be out of the house.
- If you don't want to food prep, then make sure that you have all the foods that you will need for the week. However, food prepping will triple your chances of surviving your first week.
- Get an accountability partner - a family member or a friend who you can report your foods and weight to keep you on track. When you think of cheating you can also call your accountability partner for help. Order a 15-minute call from an accountability partner for $15 here. We are passionate about helping you succeed and will do our best to advise you.
- Get other motivational tools to help you stay on track - Keto sticks from the drug store, a Fitbit, and the Myfitnesspal app.
- Low carb and sugar-free snacks will help you stay motivated. (i.e. Sugar-free gum, Atkins bars, Atkins shakes, Isolate protein powder, low carb maple syrup, artificial sweeteners, Keurig cups Hazelnut Flavor, 85% or 90% dark chocolate bars, Low Carb chocolate almonds, Diamond salted almonds, sugar-free jello.) Order a week 1 survival pack here!
- Alcohol must be out of the house - Alcohol triggers sugar binges and alcohol converts to sugar, and eventually body fat.
- Implement an intermittent fasting schedule (i.e. Only consume your daily calories in an 8hr window such as 11 am - 7 pm.) From 7:01 pm to 10:59 am you consume black coffee, black green tea (it satiates), water or diet soda. You can add Stevia or Splenda to the coffee if you wish. Click here to learn more about Intermittent Fasting. Don't forget to space out your meals.
- Get those Keto sticks from your local pharmacy. Knowing that you're on track will motivate you to stick to it because fat-loss will happen.
We are glad that you're motivated to lose weight once and for all. If you fail just pick yourself up and do it again and don't give up. Use the tips above and you shall likely prevail.
Just remember that,
- You are strong!
- You are smart!
- You're attractive inside and out!
- You are ready!
- You can do this!
- You can Slay & Kill da' game!
Good lick! I mean luck!
Comment below with any comments or questions - no spam thanx!